Thursday, March 24, 2011

Round 2 Review:

First and foremost, the Warriors are still winless! The boys went down to the West Tigers 20-12 at Leichart Oval last Saturday night, there were points during the game where it looked like we might take it but it was not to be. Again it was a case of too many errors and the defence not being tight enough when it counts (not to mention as usual being a little hard done by by the men in pink!). A highlight was watching Inu make his debut in Warriors colours, he had some amazing fancy footwork that resulted in points and for a second made me think that we might be okay without Manu for a few weeks.

However the Warriors aren’t alone being 0-2, the Rabbits and Titans are also winless and looking ahead to the week 3 matchups it is entirely possible that all 3 teams may end up 0-3 (fingers crossed for the Warriors though). It appeared week 2 was a week of upsets, after convincing wins in round 1, both Paramatta and Canberra were dealt crushing defeats. The biggest shock of the round though had to be the Dragons loss to the Sharks – the worst possible result for the Warriors who face the Dragons at Mt Smart this Sunday.

With my little Warrior to look after and my three blogs to maintain I haven’t joined the fantasy league competition this year but my Dad is off on a cruise and a trip through Europe so I am taking over his NRL picks in his office sweepstake for him. Dad did his picks for this week before he left yesterday but I am responsible for the next month – he has done really well the past two years so fingers crossed I don’t stuff it up for him. Last week we both struggled, he only got 3 and I got 4. Here are my picks for this week:

PAR v SOU = PAR
GCT v BRI = GCT
PEN v CRO = PEN
WES v CAN = WES
NZW v STIG = STG
BUL v SYD = SYD
MAN v NEW = NEW
COW v STO = STO

No comments:

Post a Comment